Grant Application and Instructions
PEF Grant Application & Instructions
The PEF Grant Program offers teachers and administration the opportunity to implement innovative educational projects that will help to improve student achievement and the educational experience in the Princeton Public Schools. This is a competitive grant program.
Please refer to our Guidelines and Procedures for a complete listing of our guidelines.
- Grants will be awarded based on innovation, creativity, educational value, benefit to students and clarity.
- Priority will be given to grants that focus on improving student achievement.
- Grant allocations for teachers may range from $200 to $2,000 per project.
- Projects may be funded for a maximum of two consecutive years.
- Projects should begin and be completed with the current school year, unless otherwise specified.
- Any changes in allocation funding requires prior approval.
PEF does not fund:
- “The necessary” -tools/equipment that should be provided for in the school budget, standard classroom supplies, or maintenance and facilities costs.
- Food and/or drink of any kind, unless they are central to the project.
- Travel expenses for district employees.
- Salaries or stipends for district employees or substitute teachers..
- The deadline for proposals is Friday, September 29, 2017.
- Notification of grant awards will be made by mid-October.
- Applications and supporting documents must be submitted online using the PEF Grant Application , sent via email to email@example.com or a hard copies sent to PEF via inter-district mail.
- To be considered, applications must be complete and approved by the building principal and Facilities(if needed) prior to submission. Teacher grant proposals will be approved by the Office of Curriculum and Instruction prior to being considered for funding by the PEF Grant Committee.
- Grant awardees will be responsible for letting parents know about the award, securing photo permissions for students as appropriate, and obtaining quotes to be used in publicity about the PEF Grant program. Photo Release Form
- Grantees are required to complete the Grant Expense Reimbursement Form with original receipts within 2 weeks of completion but no later than June 15th without prior approval. Payments submitted after this date may be delayed.
- Grantees are required to complete the Grant Close-Out Report within 2 weeks of completion or no later than June 30th. Reimbursements may be delayed until PEF receives the completed report.
- Note: At this time, our online form system does not have the capability to save your work as you complete each section and return later to complete the form. The form must be completed in its entirety in one sitting.
- Avoid educational jargon and provide complete but succinct explanations sufficient to explain your proposal to a layperson
- Please provide specific information rather than generalities when providing justification for your request
- We may offer to fund part of a proposal. You should indicate whether partial funding would be acceptable to you. If we offer to fund part of a multiple-purchase request, indicate clearly which parts of the intended purchase can function as stand-alone items and which are dependent on the remainder of the request to be useful.
- Costs for shipping/handling must be included in the grant budget. Increases in grant awards will not be made if the cost is not included in the budget.