Your Contribution Makes A Difference
The Princeton Education Foundation was founded in 1995 to support educational excellence in the Princeton Public Schools. Serving as a bridge between our community and the schools, PEF encourages private philanthropy to enhance public education for students at all levels.
What We Do
The Princeton Education Foundation was founded in 1995 to support educational excellence in the Princeton
Your tax-deductible donation is key to the success of our students. With your support we can ensure
Milestones achieved with the help of our generous donors:
- Dedication 2023 – PEF opens the new Courtyard Garden at Princeton High School. The empty courtyard has been transformed into a welcoming space filled with plants and seating, as inspired by teachers from PHS who led this project which PEF funded. PEF was proud to enlist the help of LS Land Design, who completed the project after collaborating with staff and students on the design.
- 2022 PEF Brick Fundraiser was launched – funds go towards the redesign of the courtyard spaces at PHS to enhance and improve student and staff well being within PHS.
- 2013 – PEF fully outfits small group instruction room in the new JW Learning Commons, and makes robotics and computer science enhancements at JW and PHS. Grants and gifts to the District totaled $88,993.
- 2012 – PEF combines its annual end-of-year gift with the CP & JP PTOs to give the district $113,500 toward technology and upgrades for the media centers (libraries) and the vocal and instrumental classrooms at all four elementary schools, as well as specific classroom enhancements at Community park and Johnson Park.
- 2011 – PEF establishes two $50,000 endowments at the Princeton Area Community Foundation to support science education and excellence in education in the Princeton Public Schools. The PHS & JW Media Centers (libraries) receive new computers provided by PEF. The PowerUp! Technology Campaign is launched with the goal of ensuring that every classroom from Pre-K to 12th grade has the tools and equipment it needs to support today’s students.
- 2009 – TV production equipment is purchased for JW Middle School with PEF Funds.
- 2008 – The Institute for Advanced Study bestows $100,000 to name PHS biology wing and to support K-12 Science Education. The Student Investigative Project begins. This new way of teaching scientific inquiry to elementary school students continues today.
- 2007 – The PHS Fitness Center is established and funded. Over $100,000 was raised for fitness equipment, teacher training and innovative exercise programs to promote healthy lifestyles. $10,000 worth of New Media for the renovated PHS Library is donated through PEF’s Love Your Library Campaign.
- 2006 – Take a Seat, our first large scale capital campaign, raises $300,000+ for the PHS Performing Arts Center. This enabled the center to have a choral shell, an orchestra pit cover and acoustic enhancements.
- 2005 – Music After School Program begins. The program has provided after school group music lessons to hundreds of elementary students and continues today.
- 2003 – A Mathematics Residency is established at JW Middle School with PEF Funds.
- 2001 – StarLab, a traveling astronomy center for K-5 students, is purchased PEF support.
- 1995 – Teacher Mini-Grants begin. Since inception, PEF has dedicated over $200,000 to funding more than 240 teacher projects, including artists-in-residence, multi-cultural studies, technology development, parent education, specialized fitness programs, programs for autism, books for ESL learners, and civics lessons.
- 1994 – The Princeton Education Foundation is incorporated as a 501(c)(3) and holds its first Board meeting.