PEF Teacher Grant Guidelines
The PEF Teacher Grant Program offers teachers and faculty the opportunity to design and implement innovative educational projects that will help to improve student achievement. This is a competitive grant program, executed in conjunction with the Office of Curriculum and Instruction. The PEF Teacher Grant application form is short and easy to complete.
- Grants will be awarded based on innovation, creativity, educational value, benefit to students and clarity.
- Priority will be given to grants that focus on improving student achievement.
- Grant allocations will range from $200 to $2,000 per project.
- Projects will be funded for a maximum of two consecutive years.
- Projects should begin in January 2017 and end by June 30, 2017.
- Any changes in allocation funding requires prior approval.
PEF does not fund:
- “The necessary” -tools/equipment that should be provided for in the school budget, standard classroom supplies, or maintenance and facilities costs.
- Refreshments, unless they are central to the project.
- Travel expenses for district employees.
- Salaries or stipends for district employees or substitute teachers.
- The deadline for proposals is Friday, October 28, 2016.
- Notification of grant awards will be made by mid-November.
- Applications must be submitted online using the PEF Teacher Grant application. To be considered, applications must be complete and approved by the building principal prior to submission. The proposals will be approved by the Office of Curriculum and Instruction prior to being considered for funding by the PEF Teacher Grant Committee.
- PEF Teacher Grants will be awarded directly in each teacher’s classroom or faculty office. Teachers will be responsible for letting parents know about the award, securing photo permissions for students as appropriate, and obtaining quotes to be used in publicity about the PEF Teacher Grant program. PEF Photo Release Form
- Teachers are required to complete the PEF Teacher Grant Expense Reimbursement Form with original receipts within 2 weeks of completion and no later than June 15th without prior approval. Payments submitted after this date may be delayed until September.
- Teachers are required to complete the PEF Teacher Grant Close-Out Report within 2 weeks of completion. Reimbursements may be delayed until PEF receives the completed report.